[lit-ideas] Re: The Head Butter

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 03:12:18 -0500

AR:

- What game?

I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the game.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only human being who didn't know the game was on. I thought the whole silly business was over and done with last week. Oh well, you live and learn. For instance, today I learned (at about 5 pm after returning from St. Louis and reading the Lit-Id emails) that there was a person named Zidane. Zidane? Sounds more like a drug for headaches! Ha! That was a good one. On today's evening news I saw a replay of le incident du scandal international (that's French -- actually it's Southwest Creole French -- as perhaps spoken in Utah (an old Kingston Trio routine for those old enough to remember the Kingston Trio)). And now all the world wonders why he did it. You've got to be kidding. He did it because he forgot, that's all. It happens all the time. The forgetting, I mean. We're all guilty of it, of forgetting that it's all metaphor. Like academia, like religion, like business, sports is just another metaphor for head butting. Metaphor, metaphor, metaphor, if only they could get that through their thick heads. Almost everything is males head butting over females made metaphor. And the gals love it.

Mike Geary
back in Memphis
hellish reality

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>