[lit-ideas] Re: Zidane

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 22:40:37 +0100

I disagree.

Neither team looked liked scoring that late on and the only loss was Zidane's ability from the spot. Since they had already removed Henry, France were already disadvantaged.

Rather it was testament to the brilliance of Italian provocation. They found out that Zidane was averse to having his nipple tweeked. After that, it was just a matter of how well the Italian could take a well timed head but to the chest.

But that's football!

Overall, the consensus (in my house) was that France played better, but that Italy deserved to win on moral grounds.

I do agree that Zidane's reputation has been shot. The last sight of him was walking past the world cup back to the dressing room.

Simon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>