[lit-ideas] Re: The Arab question

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:38:40 -0700

On Oct 14, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Paul Stone wrote:
 He should have said bluntly
"if he were, what's your point?" But I guess no politician in this day
and age can "condescend" to his electorate. Can't anyone stand up and
tell these bunch of goons that they are being stupid and paranoid?

When was the last time you heard a politician use the subjunctive?

On the bright side, Paul Krugman, won the nobel prize for economics for figuring out, if the version I've read is correct, why it is that the streets of cities, and not villages or bumps in the road, are paved with gold.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon