[lit-ideas] Re: The Arab question

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:39:10 -0400

Speaking of weird influences...and appalling consequences.
http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2008/10/10/high-school-cheerleaders-under-fire-for-staging-mock-executions/?icid=100214839x1211067525x1200697957

Julie Krueger wrote:
It troubles me what kinds of weird influences are out
there, so strong, that all her up-bringing and home influences seem unable
to battle.  It's as though there is a brainwashing of sorts out there that
I, as Mother, can't compete with (you remember that age when your parents
didn't understand anything.)  I'm suddenly reminded of Alex Keaton in Family
Ties.