[lit-ideas] Re: Sustained Incongruencies

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:18:48 -0700

Andy: I shop at Walmart because not shopping there isn't going to
make one iota of difference to the world or to Walmart. I also
think that even though the products are probably produced in sweat
shops, the alternative for a lot of those people, especially the
children, is sexual exploitation. So I shop at Walmart,.

And besides, those child slaves in Bangladesh probably won't live long enough to have children of their own, thus stopping the cascade of violence from generation to generation that's at the heart of all the world's ills. Clever of you to have thought of that.

Robert Paul
Ernest Jones Lecturer in Rationalization
Mutton College