[lit-ideas] Re: Sunday waffle...

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:52:27 -0400

A.A. I'm not quite seeing the distinction.  How does academic talent
distinguish itself from intelligence?  A thirst for knowledge perhaps?
That would disqualify doctors and lawyers instantly, since doctors and
lawyers are esentially artisans in their fields and their prime motive is
money.  Doctors in fact are notorious for clinging to old information and
rejecting the new.  Likewise the legal profession is built on precedent.
No thirst or hunger for knowledge required for either.

Andy Amago