[lit-ideas] Re: Movie

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:48:13 -0400

ck: When someone presents someone with facts and resources for weeks on end, only to have that person refuse to even consider that there might be an issue beyond The Enemy Is Out to Get Goodness Embodied as Infidel, then yes, it is apropos of nothing.

Still waiting for that to happen.

In the meantime, I don't want to empathize with the enemy, I want to defeat them. I know it's contrarian, but so what? Sales of the Koran skyrocketed after 9/11, which tells me that there are plenty of people willing to empathize with the enemy, learn what load of horseshit loosed a psychopathic god (to mangle Auden) and so on.

Somehow I doubt that 9/11 caused a surge in Middle Eastern sales of The Federalist Papers.