[lit-ideas] Re: More on Obama's church

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 00:45:29 -0400

>>What I'm scared of is pseudo-love coming from people with a highly militant agenda which they believe is God-sponsored and God-sanctioned.

And this differs from "pseudo-love coming from people with a highly militant agenda which they believe is rational, moral, and enlightened" ... how exactly?

Any [_______fill in the blank_____] will pseudo love you to death, if given the opportunity and power.

Yet American popular culture has conditioned us to regard Christian fundamentalists are the most egregious violators. The butler did it.

Turn it around and look. I mean, really, how many TV rabbis turn out to be serial killers or con men? How often do you see a movie where a Buddhist monk has psychotic visions and keeps the neighborhood children in dungeons?

How about a movie version of this?

Saudi cleric wants death for TV "sorcerers"
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LE668892.htm

Don't hold your breath. The butler did it. Of course. The butler always does it.