[lit-ideas] Re: LAUGH OR CRY?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:29:59 -0500

Yes, indeed, thanks.

Mike Geary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judith Evans" <judith.evans001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:17 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: LAUGH OR CRY?

Thank you,. John.

See Pat Oliphant's cartoon here:

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Wager" <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 5:18 PM

Mike Geary wrote:
Is it just me or do others find it laughable that Bush should condemn Russia for its invasion of Ossetia? The man who sold America's birthright for a mess or pottage -- or as Theodore Sturgeon once spoonerised in another context: "for a pot of message." Never mind the legaility, morality, justification or explanation of Russia's invasion -- how dare Bush open his mouth. God, I hate them all. Jesus Christ, I hate them all so very, very, very much. But they do make me laugh.
 Mike Geary
laughing because I'm in love with irony
in Memphis

See Pat Oliphant's cartoon here: