[lit-ideas] Re: LAUGH OR CRY?

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:28:31 -0400

Robert: Those who understood what I wrote will understand what I wrote. Those who don't can ignore it or mock it as they see fit.

Yeah I guess that's a defensible attitude. "They'll either get over it or they won't," as an old girlfriend said when queried over a harsh remark to her friend..

"To be great is to be misunderstood," as Emerson wrote. Robert is indeed great, so my misunderstanding is his perquisite and my education..