[lit-ideas] Re: LAUGH OR CRY?

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:41:44 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a rundown from Stratfor:

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/russo_georgian_war_and_balance_power

--- On Thu, 8/14/08, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lit-ideas] LAUGH OR CRY?
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 1:40 AM

Is it just me or do others find it laughable that Bush should condemn Russia
for its invasion of Ossetia?  The man who sold America's birthright for a mess
or pottage -- or as Theodore Sturgeon once spoonerised in another context:
"for a pot of message."  Never mind the legaility, morality, justification or
explanation of Russia's invasion -- how dare Bush open his mouth.  God, I hate
them all.  Jesus Christ, I hate them all so very, very, very much.  But they do
make me laugh.

Mike Geary
laughing because I'm in love with irony
in Memphis