[lit-ideas] Re: LAUGH OR CRY?

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:39:02 -0700

Never sure of what rules govern conversation in your paradisiacal imaginary
world, Mike.  Are you comparing America's ousting of Saddam Hussein and his
dictatorial regime -- and the Nation Building that followed hard upon it;
which seems to be going very well at the present time --  with Russia's
bombing Georgia?   Russia which seemed to have stopped the bombing,
coincidentally no doubt, after Bush remonstrated with Putin and the Russian
president?

And who is it you hate so very very very much?  Bush no doubt for his
quixotic rescuing of the Shiites and Kurds from the Hussein Sunnis, and Bush
again for his remonstrating with the Russians for bombing the Georgians . .
. Oh, never mind.  I've answered my own question. . . just as an angel's
feather - well some sort of feather -- floated down onto my keyboard.   And
I do hear the distant sound of laughter -- but I can't tell for sure that it
you, Mike, laughing, never having heard you in person.  It might be someone
else.

Lawrence Helm