[lit-ideas] Re: Eric's Winter

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:34:31 EST

Phoenix!  "Snowmen" we used to make out of tumbleweed.   Seriously.  This was
before central AC was ubiquitous -- people everywhere  swam in outdoor pools
in the middle of the night, to cool off.  I remember  a plastic spatula and a
cassette tape getting left in the car when I was a kid  .  in the morning they
were puddles of melted goo.  But god it was  good dry heat.  Not the walk
into the sauna that happens when you go  outdoors in Missouri summer.  I had
grandparents in Prescott -- a cousin of  mine lived up in the mountains and
used
to sit outdoors under a tree and  hand-feed deer and squirrels and tree frogs
and anything else that came by ..  they were entirely unafraid.  Maybe there's
a genetic quirk -- my 12 year  old has mice, ferrets, cats, fish, birds, and a
dog and so far no carnage.

Julie Krueger
currently living in a zoo

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Eric's Winter
Date: 2/14/06 5:54:46 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _wokshevs@xxxxxxx
(mailto:wokshevs@xxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) , _JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Julie is quite right. Scottsdale  forever.

Walter C. Okshevsky
Gated Communities Inc.
Paradise  Valley, AZ

Quoting JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx: