[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:41:26 EST

In a message dated 2/17/2006 6:59:34 A.M. Central Standard Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My point is that there needs to be a blanket law of you keep your hands  to
yourself no matter what.  Then there will be no extensive  beatings.

Hi, Irene,
It is already illegal to do extensive beatings.

And, yes, there are lots of classes for parents detailing what to do as
parents--the Family Literacy Center offers them, most hospitals have them, many

many of them are out there.

and, share with me what Eric Berne says to do in  that situation I
offered--and what he then says to do if it does not  work.   (Because those
parents who
called 9-1-1 were very much your  type of parent. They had tried all possible
options)

and what would you say if your kid started  beating you?  How would you get
away and handle it?  What if it  happened over and over?

Did you see the story last year about the couple  who moved out of their own
home and lived in the yard because they couldn't get  their kids to do
anything and the kids were running the house?  and legally  they couldn't tell
the
kids to go away and live somewhere else?

Best,
Marlena in Missouri