[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:11:45 -0500

Paul: You know what is terrible? Waiting at the end of the driveway with your child in a minivan because god
Erin: No, you know what's terrible? The fact that I don't think my brother even knows what a bus is, never mind seen the inside of one.
Eric: What's really terrible is wielding an imprivized stone tool to cut your way through seven miles of vines and canebrake thicket, hounded by packs of wild dogs and feral children, fighting gangrene and frostbite, to arrive at the sheer drop from which you are to descend by toe-holds onto the blasted rabblement below, only to discover that your high school has been burned down--again!--and that you forgot your number-two pencils.