[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:44:24 -0500

 I'm glad that it worked out for you, but as a prescription for humanity,
it doesn't work.  At best it's a slippery slope, it assumes the adult is
100% rational 100% of the time. Right.  In addition to which, there is no
better way than violence?   If I very rationally hit you to teach you a
lesson, I doubt you'd love me.  I doubt you'd even like me for it.  What if
I had your paycheck and hit you very rationally to teach you a lesson?
For some reason children are expected to love their hitters.  It amazes me
that people can't find better ways of understanding and dealing with
children.  Again, it's great that it worked out for you and your daughter,
but I stand by what I said.