[lit-ideas] Re: Censorship

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:15:21 -0400

Phil Enns:
MACAMP has not been part of any discussion yet.  I would hope that Andreas
would reconsider if MACAMP were to actually contribute to a discussion but
till then I am glad Andreas has stepped in to moderate.  There are more
appropriate venues for distributing news clippings.

The very OWNER of the PHil_Lit list Denis Dutton used to do this very thing ALL the time. Denis RARELY contributed to the fray. That was fine. He basically gave us what A&E now gives us. I say filter yourselves. I would NEVER come across some of this stuff if CAMPy didn't post it.

Someone responded to the tax one by saying "why don't you tells us what's wrong", but nobody [camp included] DID tell us what's wrong. Maybe some people don't know how to read statistics. The TRUTH was there, albeit hidden in "damn lies". Anyone with an elementary familiarity with statistics could have said to themselves "yes, 98% of the taxes are paid by 50% of the people, BUT 50% of the people also HAPPEN to earn 87% of all wages. This "truth" was hidden in the last paragraph.

If anything, these 'articles' demonstrate how evil rhetoric works. If Andreas is going to censor Camp, then I would like to make a public plea to MACAMP to send me personally the links that would have gone to the list. That way, it won't be wasting anyone's bandwidth or, god forbid, offend anyone.

Paul

_________________ [insert pithy quote here] Paul Stone pas@xxxxxxxx Leamington, ON. Canada