[lit-ideas] Re: Censorship

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:56:29 -0700

If something is racist or bullshit or dumb, why not point out exactly how it IS racist or dumb...

Paul, there are tens of thousands of dumb, racist websites. Are you pointing out to every one of them how they are racist or dumb? No. It's a waste of time. They just want to drag you down into their small-mindedness.

I guess we are only allowed to discuss the acceptable ideas?

You can discuss whatever you like. And that's the point: you can discuss.

But Camp was simply spamming the list with an endless series of articles, without ever replying or discussing them. Camp never engaged in discussion. CAMP was NOT discussing anything.

...I would have preferred that our board of moderators suggest to him...

There hasn't been a board for a long time. I'm the moderator.

Offlist, I asked CAMP three times, over the course of this week, to stop posting nonsensical articles without engaging in followup discussion.

CAMP never once replied to me.

I considered the possibility that CAMP could be software that is automatically sending extremist articles to dozens of lists. It's more likely that CAMP is trolling various lists, just trying to provoke fights.

CAMP isn't banned. CAMP is on moderation; if CAMP posts something that's meaningful, I'll approve it. If it's just spam, I'll delete it.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com