[lit-ideas] Re: Censorship

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:49:27 -0500

Thanks, Bob.

Still shameless after all these years.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Paul" <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 10:22 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Censorship

Mike Geary wrote:

I have no idea if M. A. Camp is a real person, a program or a joke. And I find myself not caring. I do care that we start censoring.

Sub specie aeternitatis, I don't care what sort of entity MA Camp (Esq) is either. But if it hadn't been for Mike's openness and (what's another word for 'shamelessness'?) I wouldn't have gotten to know him, and by not knowing him I'd have missed out on something substantially worthwhile. (The same is true, of course, for a fair number of others whom I've met on Phil Lit and its descendants.) So this is my answer to the question I posed to Andy: if we just posted canned stuff to one another, we'd never get to know one another in all our warts and finery.

Robert Paul
The Reed Institute