[lit-ideas] Re: Bushism and Fascism

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:19:03 -0800

Eric wrote (of the color-coded 'terror threat' warnings):

Then it became a form
of manipulation in the hands of the wacko left ... who adduce elements
of fascism in it and use it to manipulate the views of the uncritical.

Sorry. I thought it was a joke from the start. I don't see myself as part of the wacko left. I see that the terror threat one morning is orange. What the hell am I (or any other ordinary citizen) supposed to do? As an efficient way of informing local police departments all across this great land of ours it strikes me as farcical. What are the police in Dundee, Oregon supposed to do? Or the police in
Chicago, if it comes to that.

At least the color-coded forest fire danger warning signs are informative.

Yeah that orange code, dude, proof we're all fascists. Where'd Dave go, man?

I'm not sure how this is a response to anything I wrote.

Robert Paul