[lit-ideas] Re: Bushism and Fascism

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:54:43 -0800

Eric: My point is that its very uselessness to the general public makes
it a joke and that becomes a tool of manipulation for the wacko left.
In other words, some claim it is manipulative in order to manipulate
the views of others ... like those two stoners living in their mother's
basement wondering where Dave went.

I've already said I wan't a member of the 'wacko left' and I find it curiously insensitive that you should keep maligning those who saw the futility and absurdity of the color coded warnings in this way. I am sorry that I replied to something you said instead of confining myself to Omar's post in which I tried, unsuccessfully, to point out that as nobody was manipulated by this scheme it was not manipulation, any more than an attempted ascent of K2 is an ascent of K2. This point has so far escaped Irene, Omar has not replied, and I have nothing more to say about it.

Robert Paul
guilty as charged