[lit-ideas] Re: Bushism and Fascism

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 01:27:40 -0500 (EST)

Not only is it farcical, it's expensive.  Every time police departments go on
high alert, those people get paid overtime.  That money comes from somewhere,
and that somewhere is taxes.  It's absolute, utter manipulation for political
reasons.  Not only that, the whole security thing in this country is a joke.
It's been privatized and it's just one big cash cow to milk.  There's little,
if any security coming from the security industry.  Case in point, the response
to Katrina.  If we can't respond to Katrina, how would we respond to a nuclear
attack, the punch line to which is that a nuclear attack is an utterly
preventable scenario that we're doing nothing to prevent.  NYC got so fed up
with Homeland Security that they stopped relying on them and took their
security into their own hands.