[lit-ideas] Re: Bush taking apart SS

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 00:46:51 -0400

Marlena asks:  Are you really willing, now that I have FINALLY come to
some sort of  emotional calm after the angst, to have people like what
Brian are proporting to  do  STOP???

Eric: I tend to be more a nationalist than a globalist because whatever
  is close at hand seems more real to me. I would rather see
well-educated Americans thoughtfully provided with social services and
national defense, and in turn generating creative ideas, innovations,
research, and quality work--rather than imagining it happening in other
countries.

Globalism is too much entropy for me. Instead of having hot progressive
civilizations mingled with cold backward civilizations, everything moves
toward the entropic middle...the lukewarm corporate just-a-labor-pool
middle.

I know I'm backward and should identify with the whole world, but my
imagination and sympathies are too limited. These qualities are so
limited in me that I feel that, if we are not going to have a government
that will maximize the good for Americans first, then this country
certainly isn't worth fighting for or even supporting. In fact, if we
are not going to promote the general welfare for our own citizens, then
America is just an empty patch of ground with some houses and roads on
it that belong to China. Last one out the door please turn off the
light.

Always feeling massively entitled,
Eric