[lit-ideas] Re: Bush taking apart SS

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:09:48 -0400

A.A. So basically you're saying that the ultra rich pay 80% of the taxes in
this country?  You're also saying they're 20% of the population?  It's
interesting that people who write books on the subject come to completely
different conclusions.  Perhaps they've not studied the stats as carefully
as you have.  Or they're engaging in partisan politics.  How else do you
explain it?

> You then told me "your posts are based on guesswork.  Your facts are
> nonexistent" even though I posted facts that you never refuted.  You
> then put words in my mouth about SS being in "crisis" and suggested
> we "forget the logic."  Pesky stuff that logic.

A.A. Okay, we'll do it your way.  Let's figure things out logically instead
of factually.

> When I asked you about the charge that my posts are filled with
> misinformation you stated "That China is a slave labor economy.
> You're kidding, right?"  I then pointed you to more facts concerning
> Chinese slave labor and you responded with a rambling post about
> China instead of an apology and some humility.

A.A. What does Chinese slave labor have to do with their position in the
world?  What relevance is it to the U.S.?

> To say I haven't supplied facts is a willful lie so I'll now leave
> you to your delusional and angry worldview.

A.A. Whatever.

> If I thought your welcome was sincere I would thank you, but I don't,
> so I won't.

A.A.  So there.

Andy Amago