[lit-ideas] Re: Bush taking apart SS

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 18:56:01 -0700

Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

What I wonder, really, is why we even care about how awful the social
security account is when we don't really care, one bit, how awful the
deficit  is.  I mean--really.  Debt is debt.  Does it really matter if
we just add on a little bit more to what our deficit is?

What's meant by 'how awful the Social Security account is'? Are you
saying that Social Security is somehow responsible for the tremendous
national debt that Bush has incurred on our behalf?

Robert Paul
Reed College