[lit-ideas] Re: Bullying Iran - New York Times

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 19:31:41 -0800

On January 30, Irene wrote, 'The NYT along with Fox didn't even make a pretense of looking for facts [apparently those having to do with the reasons given for invading Iraq]. Now they're beating the drum for another, bigger, better war with Iran.'

Taking 'them' to refer to box Fox News and the NYT, I asked for some evidence that the NYT was 'beating a drum' (any drum) for going to war with Iran. As far as I can see, my question has not been answered (although we've heard a lot of stuff about how the NYT printed five years' worth of lies about Whitewater, before their more or less uncritical acceptance of the official line. Etc.

So, I wonder, Irene, if you could clear this up without dilating on the global perversity of the NYT.

Robert Paul
Reed College