[lit-ideas] Re: Bullying Iran - New York Times

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 23:08:59 -0500 (EST)

I told you already that I don't waste my time on the NYT.  I told you why,
using as ONE example FIVE YEARS of sustained, deliberate misinformation that
they passed off as news.  That is but ONE example of their reporting that puts
them on the same level as the tabloid in the supermarket with the pictures of
space aliens mating with humans.  I then told you that the NYT had been in the
forefront, certainly not picking up the rear, of supporting invading Iraq.
They didn't even make a pretense of investigating facts about WMD.

At this point I don't remember the sequence of events that led to my comment,
but my comment was, as I already said, an educated assumption that zebras don't
change their stripes.  They are not countering the administration's
characterization of Iran as evil.  If they are, please send proof.  Brian
posted one editorial as proof of the NYT not supporting more war.  One
editorial.  If this country is going to engage in another war, think of it,
another war and everything that means, why is the great NYT not giving us every
fact at their disposal for or against, especially against, given how few our
resources and how much we stand to lose?

My comments were made out of prejudice, but that prejudice is based on their
track record of misinformation.

I'm just curious.  What do you think of a newspaper that sent the country on a
$40 million, five year long wild goose chase involving two special prosecutors?
 Five years, Robert.  Five years.  You think it's no big deal?  It was a long
time ago?  Forgive and and forget?  And what do you think of their cluelessness
about invading Iraq?  And don't tell me about other newspapers.  They are the
paper of record.  If I knew Iraq was going to be a disaster, if I knew Annie
Myelroie was writing a best seller, why didn't they know?