[lit-ideas] Re: Bullying Iran - New York Times

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 15:16:36 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Another non-reader.  You even thought Cheney was a doddering old guy when he's
more powerful than the president.  Cheney does "need" a war.  Therefore we are
going to have a war no matter what you or anybody else thinks.  Iran has
virtually nothing to do with this except they were chosen as the target and of
course they're being defensive.  You know only what the admin tell you, and
through the same outlets, and what they tell you is of the same caliber as was
the "evidence" for invading Iraq.  Unfortunately, the stakes are higher now.
Do you really want to know what's going on?  This is reminiscent of our
discussions about invading Iraq, which you were in favor of.