[lit-ideas] Re: British cuisine

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 20:11:53 EDT

Summer procrastination??  I'm not done with my Spring  procrastination!!

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: British cuisine
Date: 6/1/06 7:02:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _carolkir@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:carolkir@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Julie:
What WERE they  thingking?!

ck: Yes, revolting. It's teenage heart attack promotion.  Gravy's in there,
on top (?). Notice that the guy ordering isn't exactly  slim, either. When I
first saw this ad, I was watching SNL. Thought it was  a skit--that's how gross
the concoction seemed.

I'd better do something about  this summer procrastination before it's
August. Right now,  though, I'm celebrating.
ciaociao,
carol

Date: 6/1/06 11:45:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 12:37 PM 6/1/2006, you wrote:
>>I do  recommend, however, the ones for Fingus Fish Fingers and for Smash
>>Instant Potato (2)..."It is called Huddersfield."  The range  of products
>>remind me how truly awful the kwee-zeen was.   "Tip Top Canned Desert
>>Topping."   Aaaaaaargh.
>
>It's clearly been a while David. I remember  evaporated milk, the poor
>cousin of 'desert  topping'.
>
>What about 'Angel Delight'. I recall that we had a  container of
>butterscotch flavour in our pantry for years - it never  got finished and
>never got thrown away.
>
>And then there  were school dinners...

While we're reminiscing about English "cuisine",  has anyone ever had Baked
Beans on Toast with Cheese on top? mmm mmm mmm,  I still eat that a couple
of times a month. Fast, cheap and out of  control. My friend thinks I'm
nuts, but he eats liverworst on dry toast so  I can't trust him.

Paul

Paul  Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada