[lit-ideas] Re: British cuisine

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:44:32 -0700

Thanks to all who enlightened me about Mr Kipling's tempting cakes.

I watched the online ad Judy forwarded and was scared out of my wits. John McCreery might explain how far the skits and images in an advertisement can be from any intuitive or reflective association between them and the product advertised to before any link between them is lost. (Most such links are invisible to me anyway.)

Simon said:

Incidentally, you should read John Bailey's Iris books - subjective, compassionate and beautiful.

I ordered it from a bookseller in Kent, I think it was, the British hardback edition with Kate Winslet's face on the cover. I think that this is a shameless promotion—but to whom? (I'm still reading Conradi and will take up Bayley soon.)

Robert Paul
Reed College