[lit-ideas] Re: Back to Leprechauns

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:03:25 -0800

On Nov 27, 2006, at 11:43 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

David: In an art school such drownings are not long mourned; words are ephemeral but visuals are said to linger.

You and Robert must be getting hammered with rain. By the way, you're not affiliated with the Portland (?) art school that dropped the student who questioned another student's belief in leprechauns are you?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/61605/ Atheist_student_expelled_for_questioning_another_student_s_belief_in_le prachauns

What a strange story. "He was later brought in front of all the deans and faculty to assess the situation"? I can't find listed on their website how many deans they have, but how many could "all" be? As for the faculty, they are called on the website "experts." All very strange.

The Portland Art Institute is a for-profit, commercial operation, part of a chain of Art Institutes. PNCA, where I work, is coming up on one hundred years old and, though I may mention from time to time a passing strangeness or two of our own, you should know that I also have many good things to say about the institution.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon
where not rain but snow is currently coming down
where more than eleven inches of rain--a November record--have fallen
where the newspaper says the "it" color for dog clothing at holiday parties this season is purple
where leprechauns generally lie with ease