[lit-ideas] Re: Back to Leprechauns

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:56:05 -0500

>>This reflects the world's moving increasingly toward the right.

See, I get the opposite feeling ... that this is part and parcel of the phenomena described in your post titled "Congratulations to those born in the 50s/60s/70s." (In that post, we are urged to decry all the "safety Nazis" and litigious interference that has turned adventurous risk-takers into hobbled diversity ninnies.}

This strikes me as a leftist phenomena ... multiculturalism taken to ridiculous extremes, fear of offending minority groups such as those who believe in leprechauns, deference to litigious factions. It's classic Gramsci (Marxist theorist) ... the "master narrative" (Gramscian term) of scientific materialism is oppressing the alternative narratives of screwballs who believe in leprechauns. The leprechaun believers must not be oppressed by those who advocate master narratives, but must be permitted their expression of "diversity."