[lit-ideas] Re: Back to Leprechauns

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:56:07 -0500

This reflects the world's moving increasingly toward the right.  "You have
to believe in something", even if it's leprechauns, rather than seeing the
world without an overlay of supernatural.  I heard an excerpt from
[author's name best left out] where he exhorts [his group] to rekindle and
reaffirm their belief in their religion.  I'm thinking, he's kidding,
right?  He's saying, die, people, for your belief in this magical being.
Hang on to it, pass it along to your children.  Don't let centuries of
belief in a magical being go to waste. *All* the religions do that, even
Communism.  The difference might be one is overt control and the other
covert control.  Truly, why is a belief in leprechauns ridiculous while a
belief in all of the other religious mythologies downright necessary?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/61605/Atheist_student_expelled_for_que
stioning_another_student_s_belief_in_leprachauns