[lit-ideas] Re: Awakening from the Nightmare of History

  • From: eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:31:21 -0400

Hi,
Well, does living in one fantasy (ie families) necessitate not living in a
different one?  Are we not multi-dimensional creatures, anyway?  I understand
that there are those who would prefer that we compartmentalize our roles in
life--but I dislike doing so.  I would prefer to be, at the same time, a
parent, a friend, a scout leader <g>, a separate entity, a sister, an aunt, a
surrogate parent-type, a librarian-type, a 'patriot' [perhaps even of the sort
that our social-science-library type would eschew], a world citizen, etc.

There are, in fact, moments in time when each of those roles intersect in
different fantasy 'lands' on the same planet...

Sometimes we shift from role to role, fantasyland to fantasyland without even
leaving the same spot and even while having a conversation with the same person
(who may or may not, I suppose, be shifting from role to role [though *I* do
try to make sure <g>] or from fantasyland to fantasyland)

I can think of many instances when this happens...

and how can one overgeneralizing give fantasy a bad name? <g>  Isn't that what
fantasy is all about--fantasy, even fantastic versions of reality or realities?

Living, often, in myths, legends and fantasies,
Marlena