[lit-ideas] Re: Awakening from the Nightmare of History

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:01:30 -0400

Let's look at this.  If we go on the assumption that people's personalities
are developed in very, very earliest life, when historically people were
considered the most useless and treated the least attentively, and still
are, it's not such a far fetched conclusion that the remainder of people's
lives is spent searching for the connection that didn't happen when it
needed to happen.

> Yet the rational one-body global state is the worst nightmare of
> all. Such a state of affairs only has to be corrupted or "go bad"
> once, and all humanity is its captive. There truly would be nowhere
> to hide, no island for Aldous Huxley's misfits. Nazi Germany would
> appear tame by comparison.

Not if it's rational.  The fantasy comes in because rational will never
happen.  The one-body global state is the worst nightmare of all.  A
rational one-body global state is waiting for us in the hereafter.  It will
never happen here on earth.

Andy Amago