[lit-ideas] Re: Anarchism and Leftism

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 01:13:45 +0100

"Yeah right.  After 1983 Israel kept a small buffer in Lebanon which was
especially important since Lebanon reneged on the treaty by leaving Hizbollah
in place.  1559 would have removed the buffer and made it that much easier for
Hizbollah to do what it ultimately did."

Interesting. So why has Israel been seeking to justify its aggression by saying
that it is working towards the implementation of 1559. Actually 1559 included
the provision that Hezbollah would disarm, so to say that the resolution, if
implented, would have given Hezbollah freedom to act is to miss the point. My
guess is that you just don't like it because it's a UN resolution.

"This is a well-known Islamist ploy.  The Muslim Brothers of Egypt ... were
noted for their good works -- as well as a few assassinations."

Much like the US then...

"What part of "Liberal" do you not understand."

So it's not about democracy even, but a certain type of democracy, a type that
can deliver economic benefits to the US.

"There are much fewer Radical Muslims available to fight us as a result of
Bush's actions.  "

1. Show me or point me towards evidence to support that.

2. As evidence to the contrary, the Madrid bombers and the London bombers had
no connection to Al Qaeda. Both attacks resulted from US action in Iraq. To say
that the US (and its allies) have not created enemies as a result of Bush's
policies is nonsensical.

Simon