[lit-ideas] Re: Anarchism and Leftism

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:09:04 +0100

Interesting that Lawrence's response, as so often, is an attack on the views of
the political opposition rather than a defence of his own position.

As far as I see it, this is a common thread in US right wing politics. Try a
Google search on "What the left thinks" and you'll get the idea.

Is this because the right are afraid of the left or is it because they have an
effective policy vaccuum?

Incidentally, British politics have become so centralised that there is little
or no distinction between left and right.

Simon