[lit-ideas] Re: Anarchism and Leftism

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:02:53 -0400

Simon to Lawrence: To say that the US (and its allies) have not created enemies as a result of Bush's policies is nonsensical.

I understand your point, Simon, enemies are dangerous. But it also strikes me as a little like saying that when you stand up to a bully, you'll have to get into a fight.

Of course we now have more *visible* enemies. That's because we are fighting back more stridently.

Additionally, we can't formulate policies solely on the basis of avoiding enemies. If that were the case, you Brits would not have stood up to Hitler.