[lit-ideas] Re: A Question REALLY Answered

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:03:27 -0330

snip
> "after the infatuation inevitably ends ..."

This seems to be presented as an apriori claim, or perhaps a causal law. In
truth, it is neither. I've been happily married and infatuated for 27 years now
... to the same woman. The trick is that she's not an academic while I am, she
reads long, convoluted novels while I don't - barely managed to get through The
Da Vinci Code - she's a native German while I'm from Montreal, I love Volvos
and she loves anything German, she's a vegetarian and I'm definitely not and
she is a very practical, realist, prudential thinker while I'm a moral and
epistemic Idealist. Together we've had and raised two kids (presently 19 and
25) and we've just invested mega-dollars in the renovation of our house. Proof
positive we sort of like each other and expect to stay together for some time.
(Do you have any idea what Tuscany kitchen tiles cost these days?!) So, yes,
there's still hope for eternal infatuation.

Cheers, Walter
St. John's