[Linux-Anyway] Re: Feel like messing things up

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:45:39 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm in Northern California and DSL isn't available here!  I had
> to get ISDN ... at great expense.

  Heh.  Reminds me of the early 70's at Tahoe (lived there for 5
1/2 years as a kid).  Back then, in the Bay Area, Sacramento, LA,
etc there were at least the three major VHF channels & often two
to five UHF minor channels on television.  When cable came, it
was only at South Lake Tahoe & Tahoe City -- I lived on the west
shore about five miles away.  But, years later -- at incredible
cost -- one of our neighbours got cable & got one additional
channel to the one we got clearly & the two which were snowy;-).

  Meph

--
  Love is being stupid together.
  -Paul Valery