[Linux-Anyway] Re: Feel like messing things up

  • From: "Mercy Design" <MercyDesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:38:32 -0400

>   Mercy,
>
> > of course not. heh.  between all the crap with my computer,
> > it's probably long gone.  i thought i had saved it, but gods
> > only know where.
>
>   Aieeeeee!
>
> > Mind sharing them with me again?
>
>   OK.  Let's see....
>
>   First thing:  Get the ip address of your Windows partition with
> winipconfig (it may be ipconfig, but probably not).

Ok... why am I doing that?  What do you mean the IP addy of my windows
partition?  Collor me confused....

I just don't know why it's necessary.. if you don't mind explaining why,
please do.  I mean, i *shouldn't* have any problems getting online with
linux again now that I have the program I need.  (Famous last words...)  So,
what's with getting an IP addy of thw win partition?  Eh?  sorry...  It's
the disk druid part that's going to f--- me up.  Augh!

Ok... so, to humor myself, i typed "winipconfig" in "run" and says it
doesn't exist, so i did "ipconfig" and it poped up a li'l dos screen which
promptly disapeared as fast as it came up.  grrrrrrrr.

who'm I kidding anyway?  I'm too f'in stupid for all this sh*t.  I have no
faith in the idea of getting things to work the way I'd like them to.  If
life has taught me anything, it's that nothing ever goes the way I'd like it
to :)  AND TO THINK... i probably have a good 40 - 50 years left of it...  I
think the pissy mood has passed, and now i'm having a pitty party.  Anyone
care to join me?  I've goot beer...

Anyway, sorry to rant here, i'm just in one hell of a mood.  sorry.  damn
it... where's my bottle opener?

Mercy