[Linux-Anyway] Re: Feel like messing things up

  • From: Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:05:18 +0200

Godwin Stewart wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:44:17 -0700 (PDT), Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote to Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>

>>  I'm curioous:  Do you have a static ip at all?
>>

>Nope. Dynamic. And you get kicked off if you're online for more than 24
>hours. The only option is to get a static IP from the provider, which
>implies their more expensive offer *and* the static IP "option", both of
>which together come to 75 Euros/month.

I get kicked after 8 hours. Besides that, you've only a download volume
of 1GB, above that EUR 0,072 per 1MB; and above 2GB EUR 0,363 per 1MB.
There are other providers, but they don't own the infrastructure, and
can't be cheaper without making a loss. And I'm lucky to have ADSL at
all - there are many parts where it's not available.

Cheers
Horror Vacui