[liblouis-liblouisxml] translation rules

  • From: Dinesh Kaushal <dineshkaushal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:38:48 +0530

Hi All,I am working on developing Indian language tables for liblouis.
Currently I am facing problem in creating a few rules.In Indian scripts, one
rule is to add a special character that halfs the preceeding character. This
special character is called Halant. In Braille Halant comes before the
character that should be halfed, but in unicode this character comes after the
character to be halfed.So Liblouis needs to apply the following rule during
braile translationif halant is found, exchange halant with the previous
character.First, I thought I can use swap key words, but now it appears that
swap can not read from the input stream.Then I thought that I can use context
keyword, but again, I am not able to find how to operate the input
stream.Halant has unicode value \X094D, so I tried something like the
following.context $l"\x094d" [\X094D$l]But checktable shows the error
"incorrect operator in action part, and I think, the reason according to
liblouis guide is $l can not be applied in the action.Another issue is that
when I define the same rule with always keyword, there is no error but the rule
is not applied and I wil have to write the rule for each character. Given below
is an example entry.
always \X0915\x094D 4-13 # davanagari kaRegards
Dinesh Kaushal