[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: UEB url problems

  • From: Leona Holloway <Leona.Holloway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 09:30:59 +1000

Hi,
The other issue which may come up particularly in URLs is that the numeric
indicator initiates grade 1 mode. If a number occurs within a URL, the
remainder of the text needs to be translated in grade 1.

With regards to the issue with back-translating ://
The forward slash (dots 456-34) should be totally unambiguous.
The colon (dots 25) must be interpreted according to context. Dots 25 represent:
- "con" only if it appears at the beginning of a sequence and is followed by a
letter;
- "cc" only if it is both preceded and followed by a letter;
- colon or ratio in all other grade 2 contexts.
There are also other meanings in arrow mode and line mode.

Kind regards,
Leona

From: Ken Perry <kperry@xxxxxxx
To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 03:42:04 +0000

Well then tUEB tables need some fixing.  If no one else has time I will look at
 it after I finish some other things I am working on.

Ken