[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Testing the lou_getTablePaths function

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:07:59 +0200

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I just took a good look at the gnulib directory in liblouis. Now I see
> why you are interested in using it in the library itself, not just the
> tools. It's just source code and headers, not something that would have
> to be installed as an extra dependency. So how would we use it to
> provide unistd.h in Windows?

This is described in the manual
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/Modified-imports.html#Modified-imports).
You basically invoke it like this:

  $ gnulib-tool --add-import unistd

I have gnulib checked out from git alongside with liblouis, so I invoke
it like this (from within the liblouis dir):

  $ ../gnulib/gnulib-tool --add-import unistd

Now the module list contains information about all the modules, i.e. how
to include it in the source, whether some changes to the Makefile and to
configure.ac are required and the license of the module. Usually this is
very straightforward. For unistd it seems a little hairy (see
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob_plain;f=modules/unistd)

Also we pulled in an old version of gnulib. It might be time to do an
upgrade before we include more modules. I've been meaning to do this but
maybe it should wait until after the 2.5 release as I seem to remember
that we had some problems with gnulib and older autotool versions.

Tag der offenen Tuer
Die SBS laedt Sie herzlich ein: 30. Juni 2012 von 9 bis 16 Uhr.
Mehr Informationen erhalten Sie unter www.sbs.ch/offenetuer