[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Testing the lou_getTablePaths function

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:11:18 +0200

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I always thought that if the user defines some special paths using
> LOUIS_TABLEPATH  he might still want to access other tables in the
> current directory or in the tables subdirectory. What is the reason for
> stopping the search with LOUIS_TABLEPATH ?

If I override a table locally and I have an error in it I will never
know, because liblouis silently keeps looking for a correct table, i.e.
a table that it can load. So in the end it will take the global one
without me noticing. If I explicitly put the global one on the path then
I consent to looking further. Otherwise I just want the local one and no
other.

Tag der offenen Tuer
Die SBS laedt Sie herzlich ein: 30. Juni 2012 von 9 bis 16 Uhr.
Mehr Informationen erhalten Sie unter www.sbs.ch/offenetuer