[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Testing the lou_getTablePaths function

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:53:01 +0200

Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx> writes:

> I seem to have a memory of when the gnulib stuff was added that gnulib
> was GPL and while can be included in liblouis meant that those using
> liblouis may be restricted to GPL rather than LGPL terms.

gnulib consists of many modules which have to be explicitly included in
your project. When you include a module it will pull in the source code
and build it together with the rest of your source, so you do not put
any additional build requirements on your users. Many of these modules
are under LGPL, some are under GPL. The ones that I used for the tools
are GPL. Naturally for the library we are only interested in the ones
that are LGPL. This has to be checked on a module by module basis. The
module unistd is released under LGPLv2+ (this can be checked in the list
of modules at http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/MODULES.html). So that
should be fine with us, as the liblouis library is LGPL.

Tag der offenen Tuer
Die SBS laedt Sie herzlich ein: 30. Juni 2012 von 9 bis 16 Uhr.
Mehr Informationen erhalten Sie unter www.sbs.ch/offenetuer