[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Pre-built Windows binaries

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 21:22:04 -0500

Okay, I am not sure this will solve it but it won't hurt either. Even though
you do have a recognized libxml or you wouldn't have gotten past the configure,
I am suggesting that you download the libxml that I gave you in the list of
things I did and install it. The one you have may not have put include files
where they are being sought.

The reason that your configure didn't work with the change was that because of
the error ./autogen wasn't updating your files. At least that's my
understanding but I could be confused. But glad you got past that.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 9, 2015, at 5:25 PM, Gregory Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK after getting libtool installed I was finally able to get ./configure
--disable-java-bindings to run cleanly so now it is on to make where I
encounterthe following:

In file included from change_table.c:34:
./louisutdml.h:34:10: fatal error: 'libxml/parser.h' file not found
#include <libxml/parser.h>
^
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [liblouisutdml_la-change_table.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gkearney:liblouisutdml gkearney$
On Sep 9, 2015, at 2:45 PM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The find issue won't keep this from compiling. Apparently the file
usr/local/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4 is in libtool. Make sure you have
libtool and that it is in your path where it is being used. Otherwise
download and compile and install it; it's in one of the emails I sent
yesterday. If you are using homebrew and have libtool installed either it is
a version that will not work with this or it is not in the path where the
program is searching. It could be something else but I'm pretty sure it's a
missing or undetected or outdated libtool.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 9, 2015, at 11:59 AM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am about to try to go watch the Apple Keynote. But this is on my list to
look into sometime today.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 9, 2015, at 9:20 AM, Gregory Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

using the new configure.ac file with ./configure --disable-java-bindings I
am still getting the following:

checking for javac... /usr/bin/javac
checking symlink for /usr/bin/javac...
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/javac
checking for
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Headers/jni.h...
no
checking for
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/include/jni.h... no
configure: error: cannot find JDK header files

When I try and use ./autogen.sh from a github pull I get this:

Last login: Wed Sep 9 07:12:36 on ttys001
gkearney:liblouisutdml gkearney$ ./autogen.sh
Cleaning autotools files...
find: illegal option -- t
usage: find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] [-f path] path ... [expression]
find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] -f path [path ...] [expression]
find: illegal option -- t
usage: find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] [-f path] path ... [expression]
find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] -f path [path ...] [expression]
Running autoreconf...
aclocal: error: aclocal: file '/usr/local/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4'
does not exist
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

I note that the -type d option in your find statements of ./autogen.sh is
not supported on MacOS

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Sep 9, 2015, at 1:24 AM, Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/08/2015 05:18 PM, Christian Egli wrote:
On 09/08/2015 04:53 PM, Gregory Kearney wrote:
OK, I'll give up on the pre-compiled binaries and set off yet again to
build liblouistdml so I run the following as I don't really need Java
binding anyway for what I am doing:

./configure --disable-java-bindings

Here is where ./configure stops with the following error messages. By
the way I do have the Java SE Development Kit 8u60 installed.

Ah, that is a bug in the configure.ac script. I can probably fix it, but
I have to leave now. Can I look at this tomorrow?

I pushed a fix to the repo. Now it should only search for jni if the java
bindings are enabled. Can you give it a try?

Die Android-App für SBS-Hoerbuecher ist da! Jetzt kostenlos im Google
Play Store herunterladen.
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.dedicon.sbsleser)
project pages go to http://liblouis.org