[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Pre-built Windows binaries

  • From: Gregory Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 08:50:47 -0700

If we can not have pre-build binaries, a serious shortcoming that will forever
limit liblouis usefulness in my opinion, can we at an absolute minimum insure
we release liblouis, and more important libLouisutdml, in distributions which
we know can be configured (./configure), build (make) and installed (make
install) cleanly on every platform without demanding that the user have all
manner of odd packages installed?

As it stands now libLouisutdml is simply impossible to build on MacOS X cleanly
as evidenced by the fact that the homebrew install are still installing version
2.5.0 the last version that sort of worked.

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA