[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Next release and what should go in

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:05:56 +0200

Hi Cearbhall

On 08/31/2015 07:04 PM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:

I want to add the translation files for the Irish language (gaeilge) so that
Liblouis can translate from Irish into English and vice-versa. What is the
procedure for submitting the appropriate files? Also, exactly which files are
needed?
Sorry, I was busy with the release. We'd be happy to have your tables. I see that there are already Irish tables maintained by Ronan McGuirk, <ronan.p.mcguirk@xxxxxxxxx> (see https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/blob/master/tables/ga-g1.utb and https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/blob/master/tables/ga-g2.ctb). Can you look at them and take up any improvements with Ronan?

Once you have the new tables you can send them to this list or even better open a pull request on github.
I propose the following three files:
1. countries.cti (modified to add "compbrl .ga Ireland" to include Ireland)
.ga seems to be used for Gabon. countries.cti contains .ie for Ireland. Is that wrong?
2. ga-ga-g1.utb2
3. ga-ga-g2.ctb

What about the xml structures? Do I need to provide an extra set of xml data to
the English configuration table in liblouisxml?
I'm not too knowledgeable about liblouisxml. Which xml are you talking about?

HTH

Die Android-App für SBS-Hoerbuecher ist da! Jetzt kostenlos im Google Play
Store herunterladen.
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.dedicon.sbsleser)
project pages go to http://liblouis.org